Today, having a website is essential if you want to be found online. In the US, almost a third of consumers look online for a local business every day, according to Statista.com. You can’t attract new customers without a website.
In addition to showcasing goods and increasing sales, a website is also invaluable in other ways. However, your website does not have to cost an arm and leg to incorporate all the latest technology. You may need a free Google website if you want to tell potential customers how you operate.
How does Google’s Free Website Builder work?
Google My Business includes Google’s free website builder, which helps customers discover you on the web.
Google uses your GMB business profile information to create your website. After some customization, you’re pretty much all set. While free, Google websites provide contemporary themes and a professional look.
It is easy to use, even for beginners. Google websites require no technical expertise and do not require extensive backups.
Free Google websites provide several additional benefits, including:
- Social media isn’t the only way to reach your target market: Not everybody is on social media, and they may not be on the platforms you prefer. It is possible to bring in these customers by having a website, where people can search for you and find what you sell without having to sign in to Facebook or Twitter.
- A simple, great-looking Google website is one of the major benefits of a free Google website. Despite WordPress being free software, even its free version can be overwhelming for an absolute beginner.
- The free Google website is all you need to reach a wider audience if you aren’t looking to have an e-commerce experience.
Features of Google Website Builder
Its simplicity shouldn’t be misconstrued. With Google My Business, you can have more than enough features.
It gives you built-in optimization so your customers can:
- Send you a message or contact you
- To place an order,
- Request quotes,
- Arrange delivery or arrange services
Also, a free Google website lets you showcase the things that make your business special using:
- Featured image
- Story ideas
Other noteworthy features include:
- Google Calendar and Maps integration
- Videos and image carousel
- Syncing with Google Drive
- Google also offers automatic updates, free advertising, and it is mobile-friendly.
Create a Customized Google Site for Free
When you’ve created your Google My Business page (which is detailed in the next section), you’ll be able to view your free Google website. From there, you can start customizing.
Adding photos, text, and themes are all near your sample site. Across the top, you will find:
Make sure you become familiar with these options. You can also access the home page by:
- Include opening hours, descriptions, and logos in your profile
- Information about events and news for customers
- Customize your business’s email address with @yourbusiness
- Promote virtue tours by creating ads
Other menu options include viewing themes, adding pictures through a photo gallery, and editing your site’s categories.
To set up your site, follow these steps:
#1 .Choose theme: You can start by choosing a theme, which is the most obvious way to customize. Ten styles are available, each with different colors and styles of text. Check out each theme to see if it fits your business’s image and style.
#2. Add pictures: Photos can be added by clicking on the image in the upper right-hand corner, dragging a photo, or uploading one from your computer.You can add additional images by clicking “Photos” on the left.
#3. Edit: Click on the “Edit” button under photos to edit the text.
#4. Modifications: You can also click “More” to change your settings, publish, or get advice on gaining customers.
Building Your Own Free Google Site
Establish your Google My Business Page before creating your website. Here’s how.
- Visit the Google site builder.
You’ll find it under “website”. It is at the top.
- Click the blue arrow after adding your business name.
- Choose a category for your business.
When it isn’t clear which class best represents your business, add the class that represents it best. Continue by clicking “Next.”
- Choose your preferred location.
Your business location will now show up on Google’s search engine results. You may choose to make your business information available on your site by selecting either “Yes” or “No”. Your business might require an address. Select an option and click “Next”.
- You can choose if your business offers services or deliveries.
Pick whether your business delivers or provides services. You may skip this step.
- Click “Next” to add your region.
- Please include your contact information.
- Include the country and zip code of your business address.
- Make sure your account is verified.
- On the left-hand side of the menu, click on the “Home” page, and then click the “Verify” button.
Your Google website is now ready to be built!
A strong online presence is crucial for businesses today. Clients are likely to go elsewhere if they cannot find your website.
Creating a website does not require a lot of technical know-how or money. To get started, you can begin by creating a free Google website and then set it up.
When you’re in the online realm, you can generate more leads, attract more customers, and increase conversions for your business, all of which can increase your success rate and keep your business growing.